Professional Property Management usually involves two very different yet both equally important clients who include an investor who owns an investment property worth a substantial value & a tenant requiring a competitive rate & a secure site for his business. Our well trained professional team has the ability to understand & listen to the needs of both parties through effective communication, negotiation and current knowledge of the ever changing legislation.
What makes Mwanzoni Properties Unique?
Our aim is to provide our clients that our major consideration is to provide them with the best long-term outcome in terms of maximising income and minimising costs. We prefer to see property management as “asset management”. Mwanzoni Properties will protect your property’s image and reputation and over the longer term this will enhance its overall value.
We recognize the importance of developing individual strategies to manage the maintenance and operations of your residential and commercial property. It is this emphasis on personalised service and the ability to provide a long term commitment that guarantees the protection of your property.
Here are some of the important reasons we believe that you should have a Professional Property Manager to manage your Investment Property:
- Knowledge of the Statutory Acts: The Managing Agent is aware of the implications of the various Statutory Acts such as the Landlord’s and Tenant’s Act and can advise owners and tenants of their rights and obligations.
- Rent Appraisals: A Real Estate Agent knows the supply and demand in a given area and is aware of the comparative rental of homes.
- Access to Tenants: A Managing Agent often has a ready supply of tenants. The agent has the means to check references, thus enabling effective screening of tenants.
- Inspections: The Property Manager is trained to report in detail on the condition of a home having the expertise and experience to maintain the home at a satisfactory level.
- Accounting: A Professional Property Manager supplies accounts and details of all income and expenditure relating to a client’s property.
- Taxation Benefits: Properties purchased for investment purposes can attract significant taxation benefits. Property Management fees are tax deductible.
When Mwanzoni Company undertakes the management of your property we will:
- Provide consultative advice on particular issues such as professional indemnity insurance cover for your property.
- Provide full financial management and accounting services.
- Maintain your property to the highest standard and obtain quotations for maintenance works for consideration of Members or owners where necessary and select quality contractors to provide services to Common Property.
- Inspect the property, provide a market appraisal and recommend any property improvement.
- Market the property including design, preparation and placement of agreed advertising.
- Receive, process and check tenancy applications and conduct detailed reference checks on all tenants.
- Arrange preparation of the appropriate documentation including: Lease Agreement, Property Condition Report and Any other documentation that is specific to negotiated terms of the Lease Agreement.
- Collect and receive the security deposit and rental payments for the first period of the lease (cash or bank cheque only).
- Ensure that all rental payments are collected and arrears are followed up immediately.
- Establish and maintain property and rental records.
- Disburse the net rent to the owner in accordance with the owner’s instructions with a statement detailing all outgoings.
- Advise the owner of maintenance requests from tenants
- Conduct an agreed schedule of regular inspections on tenanted properties and provide a report to the owner for their perusal.
- Administer rental reviews and lease expirations.
- Prepare applications and serve notices in compliance with the relative legislation and/or tenancy agreement.
- Provide regular communication with the owner via email or phone.
- Provide a 24 hour, 7 day a week emergency service.